07 March 2011

My DIY Racing Simulation Cockpit - New Layout

Last month i've posted the photo of the last layout of my racing sim cockpit, but i've also wrote that a new layout was in the air... I've ended it 3 weeks ago, but i've find only now the time to take a photo of it. Only some parts come from the old layout, base, pedals and seat mounts. The base is smaller than the old one. The old one was too heavy, impossible to clean it, more hard sitting in (for friends...). So i decided a new layout quite bit smaller than the old one, 4 times lighter... Now i can clean it easily! Shifter and Keyboard are moveable and the wheel is well stable. This version is very easy to build, and can become a model for everyone want to build fast a nice cockpit. 3 evenings for built it, no plans, only improvisation...






3 comments:

soilentblue said...

I really like your designed racing simulator. Could you tell me what are the connectors you used for the aluminum piping?

Maverik said...

Thanks!
The connector i used are a 3way joint and 25mm steel pipe. This is an example of similar joint:

http://shop.gseuromarket.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=161_392_387&osCsid=immsbewibzqsd

This joint are used for made shop expositor, or walk-in closet, wardrobe... I found them at local technical shopping center.

Here you can find a little guide with nice photo, using different joint:
http://www.drivingitalia.net/index.html/_/hardware/costruire-una-postazione-di-guida-completa-r16721

Brock Samson said...

Maverik I really like your cockpit design and have come across it many times across the internet.

I was hoping, if its not to much trouble, if you could tell me the mounting angles of both your seat and your pedals?