16 February 2011

Rota R Spec 16'' - Will fit my MX5 NC?

For next year i want to buy a set of winter tires, so i also need a new set of rims (to use in summer)... I have the 16'' stock wheels on my NC, and i want to remain on this size because my budget is limited... Winter tires will go on stock rims. I also want a wheel not too heavy... Stock 16'' is 6,8Kg / 15lbs and i don't want to have a 16+ lbs wheels. For summer tires setup, i've looked for OZ Ultraleggera 16'' but the price remain too high for my budget. Now, i take a look for Rota's... and i found this Rota R Spec, a replica of Integra 98 wheels. I like the Anthracite model:
16x7 5x114 ET:45 Hub: 73mm? Weight: 6,51Kg / 14.35lbs ?


Here with 205/50 R16 on (other car)

Will they fit on NC? Someone have it on his NC?

I read that someone found that Rota GT3 16'' don't fit, so i'm hesitant to buy this Spec R.

Take a look on this post, on Miata.net


2 comments:

Brandon Chappell said...

Did these wheels fit?

Unknown said...

Hi
Yes they do
They have good spoke clearance
Gt3s as mentioned have s stepped rim and the spokes curl in fouling the calliper the r spec wheels have a flat spoke