25 January 2011

My DIY Racing Simulation Cockpit

As said in this iRacing post my other passion is Racing Simulation. As i promise, these are the pics of my Racing Cockpit, but now i'm modding time, and in next days i'll post the photo of the new layout. Now the cockpit is totally changed. Stay tuned for the pics of the new layout.

Last photo of my Race Sim Cockpit.

Last photo of my Race Sim Cockpit.

Last photo of my Race Sim Cockpit.



Before all... Finding the best position

The carton model


Pedals upside-down


Painted!




A preview of the new layout


4 comments:

soilentblue said...

I really like your designed racing simulator. Could you tell me what are the connectors you used for the aluminum piping in the last picture?

Maverik said...

Thanks!
The connector i used are a 3way joint and 25mm steel pipe. This is an example of similar joint:

http://shop.gseuromarket.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=161_392_387&osCsid=immsbewibzqsd

Hi Soilentblue!
This joint are used for made shop expositor, or walk-in closet, wardrobe... I found them at local technical shopping center.

Here you can find a little guide with nice photo, using different joint:
http://www.drivingitalia.net/index.html/_/hardware/costruire-una-postazione-di-guida-completa-r16721

Flameshades said...

This is just what i have beem looking over the web for, that is truley awesome!

would you happen to have plans that i could steal so i could make my own??

not to mention the fact i have a slammed mk1 mx3 in BRG so its all the sweater!!!

keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

This looks really good! Would you be able to provide the cutting shapes to help me make one of those for myself?
best regards, Tommy